Article Text

PDF

Puffer fish poisoning.
  1. F L Lau,
  2. C K Wong,
  3. S H Yip
  1. Accident and Emergency Department, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Hong Kong.

    Abstract

    Seven Vietnamese boat-people in Tai A Chau Detention Centre in Hong Kong caught, barbecued and ate a puffer fish. After 2 h, two of them developed severe symptoms of numbness and vomiting, while the remaining five subjects developed symptoms about 18 h later. They were all transferred to Queen Elizabeth Hospital. One patient died, and the others made an uneventful recovery.

    Statistics from Altmetric.com

    Request permissions

    If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.