Article Text

PDF

Thermal injury to the upper aerodigestive tract after microwave heating of food.
  1. G J Offer,
  2. D Nanan,
  3. J N Marshall
  1. Accident and Emergency Department, Leicester Royal Infirmary NHS Trust, UK.

    Abstract

    Microwave-heated food may cause serious injury if it is not allowed to cool before consumption. We describe a case in which a hypopharyngeal burn occurred following consumption of a microwave-heated potato immediately after cooking.

    Statistics from Altmetric.com

    Request permissions

    If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.