Article Text

PDF
Foreign body in the upper gastrointestinal tract: report of an unusual case of injury
  1. X Balkamou1,
  2. P G Ntagiopoulos2,
  3. D-A D Moutzouris3,
  4. E Pepas4
  1. 1Department of Anesthesiology, Elpis General Hospital, Athens, Greece
  2. 2Department of Surgery, ‘Elpis’ General Hospital of Athens, Greece
  3. 3Department of Internal Medicine, Asklipeion General Hospital, Athens
  4. 4Department of Surgery, Elpis General Hospital
  1. Correspondence to:
 P G Ntagiopoulos
 56-60 Koniari str, 115 21 Athens, Greece; ntagiopoulos{at}hotmail.com

Statistics from Altmetric.com

Ingestion of foreign bodies is a frequent cause of admission to accident and emergency departments, and a common challenge for both care givers and patients. Most cases include either accidental swallowing of foreign bodies by children or purposeful ingestion of foreign bodies by adults.

This is an anecdotal case report of …

View Full Text

Request permissions

If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.