Article Text

PDF

Accidental ingestion of a toothbrush!
  1. M Mughal

    Abstract

    A case is reported of a 16-year-old girl who accidentally swallowed a toothbrush, which was safely extracted under local anaesthesia using a fibre-optic endoscope. The technique described is safe, and can be adapted for the extraction of a variety of foreign bodies from the oesophagus and the stomach. Guidelines are presented for the management of ingested foreign bodies, based on a review of the literature.

    Statistics from Altmetric.com

    Request permissions

    If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.