Penetrating facial injury
- 1Department of Radiology, Keimyung University Dongsan Medical Center
- 2Emergency medicine, Keimyung University Dongsan Medical Center and Neurology
- 3Keimyung University Dongsan Medical Center, Daegu, Republic of Korea
- 4Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, Republic of Korea
- Correspondence to Dr Hyuk Won Chang, Interventional Neuroradiology, Keimyung university Dongsan medical center, Jung-gu Dalsungro 56, Daegu, Republic of Korea;
- Accepted 5 May 2013
- Published Online First 7 June 2013
A 20-year-old motorcycle messenger crashed into a truck transporting structural pipes. Accidentally a 3 cm diameter pipe penetrated his right inferior orbit and soft tissue below the left posterior lateral neck.
When he arrived at the emergency room, there was a blunt wound with active bleeding in his right zygoma and haematoma in his left neck.
On CT the metallic pipe passed through the …