It is known that toad possesses several toxic substances in the skin and parotid glands. In the past, toad-venom poisoning had been reported from ingestion of toad soup, Kyushin and aphrodisiac pills, but the poisoning from toad eggs is observed for the first time.
The case of a healthy female who had previously eaten toad soup twice without any discomfort is reported. She developed gastrointestinal symptoms and life-threatening cardiac rhythm after ingestion of toad eggs.
Statistics from Altmetric.com
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.
Informed consent was obtained from the patient for publication of their details in this paper.