Article Text

Download PDFPDF
Carbon monoxide poisoning associated with Narghile use


The case history is presented of a healthy 25-year-old man who was admitted to hospital after two syncopal episodes caused by carbon monoxide poisoning after smoking narghile. Clinicians should be aware of this association when they evaluate syncope in the emergency department, especially in narghile users.

  • Carbon monoxide
  • poisoning
  • narghile
  • hookah
  • waterpipe
  • nursing
  • emergency departments
  • toxicology

Statistics from

Request Permissions

If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.