Article Text

Download PDFPDF

A chicken bone in the rectum.
  1. D H Davies
  1. Department of Accident and Emergency Medicine, Royal Infirmary, Cardiff, United Kingdom.


    A case of an ingested chicken bone lodging in the anal canal is described which presented as severe rectal pain. Certain people are at increased risk of foreign body ingestion, in particular denture wearers. The foreign body is usually obvious and easily removed and although the risks of perforation are not high it is important to exclude it by proctosigmoidoscopy following removal of the foreign body.

    Statistics from

    Request Permissions

    If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.

    Linked Articles

    • Research Article
      I G Kendall